6 years ago
All about SweeTango apples
Apple lovers rave about SweeTango apples!
Introduced by the University of Minnesota in 2009, SweeTango is a hybrid of Honeycrisp and Zestar apples. It’s crisp, juicy and sweet, with a touch of citrus, honey and spice.
Shortly after SweeTango was created, the Next Big Thing cooperative was formed: a group of some of the best apple growers in the world selected to cultivate SweeTango and maintain its top quality. Only members of the Next Big Thing can grow SweeTango!
You can enjoy SweeTango apples alone or paired with a variety of foods:
- Sliced SweeTango apples with a young Pecorino Toscana and chilled Prosecco
- Sliced SweeTango apples with a young Manchego Cheese, Marcona almonds and a chilled Fino sherry
- Butternut squash soup with smoky bacon, yellow onion and diced SweeTango apples
- A baby kale salad with SweeTango apples, orange, jalapeño and spiced turkey
- Bone-in pork chops with sliced sweet onion and SweeTango apples
Look for SweeTango apples in our produce department now!