Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
Got a big stash of fresh zucchini? Twin Cities food blogger greens & chocolate has an incredibly easy way to turn them into a delicious dinner — no oven required.
I’ve tried countless zucchini recipes. I love baking with zucchini, but I also love adding it to lunch and dinner any way I can. Whether it’s throwing some shredded zucchini into pasta sauce, grilling it, or making it into fries, I’ve tried it all. Zucchini fritters are also a hit at our house, and using the air fryer is my favorite way to make them!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are super easy to whip up, since they require just a few basic ingredients and the air fryer makes cooking easy. There’s no frying on the cooktop and they turn out crispy and delicious. Making them in the air fryer also means they’re fairly hands-off when they’re cooking, so you can make an easy sour cream sauce to dollop on top of them while they cook. The sauce in this recipe is my go-to sour cream sauce with garlic, but you can play around with it. Try adding some Sriracha for a little kick or some fresh herbs for a pop of flavor.
These Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are great for a quick and easy lunch, a light dinner served with a side salad and some grilled bread, or as a happy hour snack.
Makes 12 fritters
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
4 cups shredded zucchini, about 3 to 4 zucchini
1 teaspoon salt, divided
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 large egg
½ teaspoon garlic powder
Garlic sour cream:
1 cup sour cream (plain yogurt works, too)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, add the zucchini and sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the salt over it. Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, squeeze the liquid from the zucchini, getting as much out as you can. I do this by putting the shredded zucchini in a paper towel and squeezing it so the paper towel soaks up the excess liquid.
- Heat air fryer to 375 F for 5 minutes. Spray the basket with cooking spray to prevent the fritters from sticking.
- In a large bowl, add the zucchini, flour, Parmesan cheese, egg, garlic powder and remaining ½ teaspoon salt, and stir well to combine.
- Form the mixture into ¼-cup-sized patties and place them in the greased air fryer basket. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Cook for 7 minutes and flip, cooking for another 5 to 7 minutes. The fritters will be golden and crispy on the outside.
- While the fritters are cooking, make the garlic sour cream. In a bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Serve fritters warm with garlic sour cream. Enjoy!