Air Fried Chicken
- For the seasoning mixture:
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoons white pepper
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon L&B Ancho Powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- ½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- For the chicken:
- 2 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken legs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Tip: If you’re in a hurry, you can substitute L&B Signature Barbecue Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, season chicken with 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture. Reserve the rest of the seasoning for later use. It’s delicious on grilled chicken or steak!
- Combine ½ cup flour and ½ tablespoon salt in a large plastic baggie. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg.
- Remove seasoned chicken from the baggie and dip in the buttermilk mixture to coat.
- Add another ½ cup flour and ½ tablespoon salt to the baggie; return chicken to the baggie and shake to coat a second time.
- Remove chicken from baggie, shake off excess flour and set in air fryer tray. Lightly coat the chicken with cooking spray to cover all the flour.
- Cook at 400 F for 12 minutes. Turn and cook for another 12 minutes. Remove from air fryer and serve hot.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.