Air Fried Chicken
The air fryer cooks by circulating hot air around the food, so you can enjoy crispy, crunchy fried chicken without all the oil.
Preparation time: 45 minutes
For the seasoning mixture:
1 tablespoon paprika
½ teaspoon white pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon L&B Ancho Powder
1 tablespoon cumin
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon oregano
½ teaspoon ground mustard
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
For the chicken:
2 chicken thighs
2 chicken legs
1 cup all-purpose flour, divided
1 tablespoon salt, divided
½ cup buttermilk
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Tip: If you’re in a hurry, you can substitute L&B Signature Barbecue Seasoning.
- In a large bowl, season chicken with 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mixture. Reserve the rest of the seasoning for later use. It’s delicious on grilled chicken or steak!
- Combine ½ cup flour and ½ tablespoon salt in a large plastic baggie. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together buttermilk and egg.
- Remove seasoned chicken from the baggie and dip in the buttermilk mixture to coat.
- Add another ½ cup flour and ½ tablespoon salt to the baggie; return chicken to the baggie and shake to coat a second time.
- Remove chicken from baggie, shake off excess flour and set in air fryer tray. Lightly coat the chicken with cooking spray to cover all the flour.
- Cook at 400 F for 12 minutes. Turn and cook for another 12 minutes. Remove from air fryer and serve hot.