Adobo Carne Asada
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds Beef Pot Roast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 2/3 cup red wine
- 1 (145ounce) can Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/8 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- cooked organic brown rice
- Combine chili powder, salt, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and black pepper; rub into surface of beef roast. Pan sear roast in olive oil on medium high heat until browned on both sides. Add onion and garlic to pan and sauté for one minutes. Add red wine to pan and deglaze (approximately 2 minutes). Add tomatoes, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, oregano, thyme, bay leaves and cayenne. Turn heat down to low; simmer, covered, until fork tender (approximately 3 hours) or cook the roast in a crock pot on low heat for up to 8 hours. The meat will be very tender and falling apart. De-fat sauce, if needed.
- To Serve: Slice or shred the roast and spoon sauce over meat. Serve with cooked organic brown rice. Remove bay leaves before serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.