7-Layer Stuffed Avocados
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ teaspoons L&B Taco Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Juice of 1 lime, divided
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and small diced
- 1 small white onion, small diced
- ¼ cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, minced
- 4 large avocados
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup refried beans
- ½ cup L&B Medium Serrano Salsa, strained, liquid discarded
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Tortilla chips, for serving
To make the crema: Combine the sour cream, taco seasoning, cold water, 1 ½ teaspoons lime juice, and season with salt. Set aside.
To make the pico de gallo: Stir together the tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Set aside.
To prepare the avocado boats: Slice the avocados in half the long way and gently remove the pits. Slice the bottom off each avocado half so they sit level, flesh side up, on a large serving platter. Carefully scoop the flesh out of each half, leaving about one-eighth-inch flesh on the sides and bottom. Transfer the avocado flesh to a medium bowl.
To make the guacamole: Mash the avocado flesh. Stir in 2 teaspoons lime juice, the Worcestershire sauce and half the pico de gallo. Season with salt and black pepper. Set aside.
To assemble the seven-layer avocados: Fill one avocado half with an even layer of 1 tablespoon refried beans, 1 tablespoon guacamole, 1 tablespoon salsa, 2 tablespoons cheese and 2 tablespoons shredded lettuce. Drizzle the crema on top and garnish with a pinch of pico de gallo and a few olive slices.
Repeat step 5 with the remaining avocado halves. Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips.