Holiday Superfood Treats
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons L&B Pure Honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon L&B Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 talespoon flax meal
- 1/4 teaspooon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup L&B Raw Pistachio Kernels, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup L&B Organic Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin olive oil
In a food processor, combine the Medjool dates, honey and water. Pulse, scraping down the sides, until creamy.
In large bowl, combine the chia, flax meal, salt, oats, pistachios and white chocolate chips and stir to combine well.
Add the date mixture, and use your hands to combine the ingredients until they form a sticky dough.
Using your hands again, roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball, and place it on a parchment-lined baking pan. Repeat until all the dough is rolled. Set aside.
In a double boiler, combine the chocolate and olive oil over medium heat, stirring until smooth and creamy.
Drizzled melted chocolate over the top of the balls, or if you prefer, dip the balls in the chocolate.
Optional: Top each ball with chopped pistachios or chia seeds. The balls will keep for up to 6 weeks in an airtight container in the fridge.