30-Minute One-Pan Pasta
A family favorite, great for busy weeknights. The best part: you can make it in one pan for easy cleanup.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
½ tablespoon garlic powder
½ tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 cups Lunds & Byerlys Organic Pasta Sauce
½ tablespoon chopped parsley
12 ounces campanelle or other similar pasta
2 cups vegetable stock
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Chopped parsley, for garnish
- In 12-inch oven-proof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef, garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasoning. Cook the beef, breaking it up with a spatula, until browned and cooked through.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, diced tomatoes, marinara sauce and parsley; stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and vegetable stock. Increase the heat to high and bring to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring frequently.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the oven to broil.
- Uncover the pan and sprinkle the Parmesan over the top. Place the mozzarella slices on top.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and broil until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with parsley
Recipe adapted from Girl Gone Gourmet