- 3/4 cup raw wild rice
- 3 14 oz cans Chicken Broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced small
- 2 stalks celery, diced small
- 2-3 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 2 raw eggs
- 1/2 16 oz bag Brownberry Traditional Stuffing Mix
- Place two cans of chicken broth, wild rice and thyme in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 45 to 60 minutes or until rice is fully cooked.
- Once rice is finished, saute onion and celery in skillet with butter for about 5 minutes; add apples and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Combine all ingredients, except eggs and stuffing mix; gently fold together. Slightly beat eggs and add to mixture. Gently fold stuffing mix in mixture.
- Place stuffing mixture into a buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish; cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 F. oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until heated through. Serve.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.
stuffing wild rice