- 2/3 cup wild rice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups Water
- 3/4 pound cooked shrimp, bay scallops or crabmeat
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions including some tops
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 4 cups prepared salad greens
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut into wedges
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
A delicious main dish salad.
- Rinse wild rice under running water using a strainer or in a bowl of water; drain. Place wild rice in a heavy saucepan with salt and water. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, until kernels are open and tender but not mushy (45-55 minutes). Drain excess liquid, chill. Combine rice, seafood and onions; refrigerate, covered. Combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic and pepper, refrigerate, covered.
- To Serve: Arrange torn salad greens in salad bowl, serving platter or on individual salad plates. Toss dressing with rice mixture; arrange on greens. Garnish with egg and tomato wedges.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.