- 3/4 cup wild rice
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1/3 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups toasted bread cubes, unseasoned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 105 oz can Chicken Broth
- Rinse wild rice under running water using strainer or in a bowl of water; drain.
- Place in heavy saucepan with salt and water. Bring to a boil; simmer, covered, until kernels are open and tender but not mushy (45-55 minutes). Drain.
- In large skillet, melt butter, saute onion and celery until onion is tender. Stir in rice, bread cubes, cranberries, parsley, orange peel, salt and pepper. Gently stir in broth.
- Spoon into buttered 7x11" baking dish; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, if desired.
- Bake, covered, in a preheated 325 degree oven until heated through (40-45 minutes)
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.
dressing wild rice