- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained, 4.5 ounce
- 2 package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, 10 ounce
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, 10 3/4 ounce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package shredded Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, divided (2 cups), 8 ounce
- 1 cup homestyle croutons
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
Frozen broccoli and cooked wild rice combine to create a vegetable dish which is sure to become a traditional family favorite.
- In large skillet, melt margarine over medium heat; saute onion until tender (5-7 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in mushrooms, broccoli, wild rice, soup, salt and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spoon into buttered 1 1/2 quart glass dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Combine croutons and margarine; layer over cheese. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through (25-30 minutes).
Vegetable dish may be assembled and refrigerated several hours or overnight. To Heat: Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 degree oven until heated through (45-50 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.