- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 4 1/2 cups 1/3 less sodium chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup minced parmacotta ham, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 cup dry ditali pasta
- freshly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Cannellini beans are a white kidney bean.
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic; saute until vegetables are softened (about 6-8 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients except pasta and cheese. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Add pasta and continue simmering 10 minutes longer. Spoon into soup bowls and top with shaved cheese.
- Tip: Leftover soup may be refrigerated up to 2 days or frozen up to 1 month. Reheat soup in the microwave or in a saucepan over medium heat until soup reaches 165 F.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.