- 1/3 cup hot pepper peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons roasted chili paste
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon minced crystallized ginger
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 12 sea scallops
- 12 large (1620 count) shell-on raw Florida Key Pink Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 6 (10inch) bamboo skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 12 green onions, (if desired)
Sweet and spicy.
- Combine first 6 ingredients. Bring 2 quarts salted water to a boil over high heat. Add scallops; blanch 2 minutes. Drain; rinse in cold water, drain. Thread scallops and shrimp alternately on skewers; arrange in a 9x13-inch glass baking dish, brush with marinade. Marinate 1/2 hour. Cut green onions into 3-4 inch pieces. Skewer lengthwise onto each end of kabobs.
- To Grill: Prepare grill. Spray grill rack with no stick cooking spray. Using direct heat cooking method, arrange skewers on grill rack 5 inches over hot coals. Grill kabobs, covered, until scallops and shrimp are opaque throughout (3-4 minutes per side), brushing and turning often. (The skewers are easiest to turn with long-handled tongs. Avoid clamping onto onions, as they tear easily.)
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.