- 1 pound fresh asparagus
- 5 tablespoons Sherry-Orange Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 (5 ounce) package spring mix
- 28 clementine or orange sections
- 1/3 cup diagonally sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup shaved Manchego cheese
- Sherry-Orange Vinaigrette:
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalk snaps easily. Wash thoroughly. Remove scales if sandy or tough. Bring small amount of water to a boil in Dutch oven or skillet. Arrange asparagus in steamer basket; cover. Steam just until tender (5-6 minutes). Drain. Place in cold water to stop cooking. Spread out to dry on paper towels. Refrigerate, covered. Prepare Sherry-Orange Vinaigrette.
- To Serve: Arrange greens in large bowl. Toss with 3 tablespoons vinaigrette. Divide greens evenly among 8 chilled salad plates. In same bowl, toss asparagus with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Divide asparagus evenly among greens. Arrange 3-4 clementine sections on each salad; sprinkle with green onion slices and cheese shavings. Drizzle each salad with small amount of remaining vinaigrette. (All vinaigrette will not be used).
- In small bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well blended. Vinaigrette can be refrigerated, covered, for up to 2 weeks.