- 1 cup Flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 pounds rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch slices (4 cups) or 1(16 ounce) package frozen rhubarb, thawed, drained
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
With easy "press in"crust.
- Place baking sheet on bottom oven rack. Preheat oven to 350 F. In large mixer bowl, beat first 3 ingredients until thoroughly combined. Pat into bottom and 1 1/2 inches up side of 10-inch springform pan. In large mixer bowl, stir sugar, cornstarch and salt to combine. Add whipping cream, egg yolks and vanilla, mixing thoroughly; stir in rhubarb. Pour filling into crust; place on prreheated baking sheet on bottom oven rack. Bake until filling is set and golden brown (65-75 minutes). Cool on wire rack 30 minutes. Remove side of pan. Sift powdered sugar over top.
- Tips: Tart may be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve. Sift powdered sugar over tart just before serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.