- In a food processor or blender, grind the almonds and walnuts to a meal, being careful not to over-process or the nuts will become oily.
- Add the dates and pulse until the mixture is combined and crumbly.
- Add ¼ cup cocoa powder, vanilla extract and sea salt; pulse to combine. If using a blender, the mixture will get caught in the bottom. Use a spoon to dig down beneath the blades and turn over the entire mixture in the blender a couple of times and then pulse to combine each time. The mixture should stick together when pressed between two fingers. It is okay to have some large chunks of nuts.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the 9 x 5” loaf pan and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, process the coconut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Add 2 tablespoons cocoa powder and pulse to combine. Spoon the mixture onto the brownie base and smooth out with the back of a spoon or small spatula. Sprinkle with shredded coconut flakes.
- Cover the pan with foil and place in the freezer for about 20 minutes until set. Use a knife to cut into squares and run knife around the edges to loosen. Brownies will pop out of the pan with fork. Serve immediately or store in the freezer for up to one month.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.