- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 pie shell, baked, 9-inch
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup ready-to-use strawberry glaze
A Do-Ahead A picturesque pie in Old Glory's colors.
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar, cornstarch and gelatin; stir in 1/2 cup cold water. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute. Add blueberries; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour into pie shell; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate. Beat cream cheese, milk and 2 tablespoons sugar until smooth. Carefully spread over cooled blueberry layer. Arrange strawberry slices attractively over cream cheese, leaving space in center for reserved blueberries. Spoon glaze over strawberries; fill center with blueberries. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
- Tips: If using frozen blueberries, thaw; reserve juice. In place of water, add water to reserved blueberry juice to measure 1/2 cup.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.