- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add diced chicken and cook until browned on each side, then remove from skillet.
- Add bell peppers and additional 1 tablespoon of olive oil and cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened. They don’t have to be cooked completely.
- Return chicken to skillet, along with black beans, corn, salsa, green chiles, rice, vegetable broth, water, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-17 minutes, stirring often, or until rice has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Top with cheese and either remove from heat and top with lid, or if your skillet is ovenproof, melt cheese under the broiler.
- Serve topped with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Recipe by: greens & chocolate | http://www.greensnchocolate.com/
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.