- Chicken Broth: 2 quarts canned low-sodium chicken broth 3 1/2 pounds chicken, cut into 8 pieces Combine chicken broth and chicken in heavy large pot. Bring to a boil. Cover partially, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to large bowl. Cool chicken and broth slightly.
- Discard skin and bones from chicken. Cut chicken meat into bite-sized pieces and reserve.
- Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover chicken meat and broth separately and refrigerate.
- Spoon fat off top of chicken broth.
- Bring broth to boil before adding remaining ingredients. Tips: Bring reserved broth to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer. Add onion, carrots and celery. Simmer until vegetables soften, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in noodles and parsley; simmer 5 minutes. Add reserved chicken meat and heat through, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season soup with salt and pepper to taste.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.