- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves slivered garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 1/2 pounds (2 packages) L&B Zucchini Noodles (“Zoodles”)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pieces or cherry-size mozzarella balls
- 2 tablespoons fresh organic basil chiffonade, cut into small ribbons
- In a skillet, sauté olive oil, garlic and hot red pepper flakes (optional) over medium-high to high heat for 15-30 seconds until golden but not brown or burnt.
- Add zoodles to pan and sauté for 5-7 minutes, tossing and turning zoodles throughout. Add lemon juice and lemon zest halfway through cooking.
- Have a colander/strainer ready with a bowl underneath and dump the zoodles into the colander, reserving the liquid. Let it drain until no more liquid is dripping and then add this liquid back to the pan. Reduce liquid at high heat for 3 minutes.
- Place zoodles into a large serving dish. Drizzle the lemony sauce over the zoodles and top further with cherry tomatoes, mozzarella and basil chiffonade. Season to taste.
- Calories: 240 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 10mg Sodium: 35mg Carbohydrate: 9g Fiber: 2g Sugars: 5g Protein: 9g
Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.