- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon Minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup Jack Daniel's® Whiskey
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Jack Daniel's® Old No. 7 Mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 6pound Lunds or Byerly's Gold Label Spiral Cut Ham
- Whisk together chicken both and cornstarch in small mixing bowl; set aside. Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat; add shallots and sauté until soft, about 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Stir in whiskey and sugar; increase heat to medium-high and boil 4 to 5 minutes.
- Whisk chicken broth and cornstarch mixture to recombine, then gradually whisk into simmering liquid; return sauce to a boil; reduce heat and stir until thickened.
- Remove from heat and whisk in mustard and thyme; season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauce can be cooled to room temperature and refrigerated up to 2 days. (Reheat in medium saucepan over medium-low heat.) Serve warm with ham.
- Our ham is fully cooked so heating is optional. If you want to heat, preheat oven to 325 F, unwrap gold foil, REMOVE THE PAPER PROTECTOR SHEET and re-wrap in foil, keeping honey glazed side up. Bake 20 minutes per pound before serving. DO NOT OVERHEAT or ham will dry out.
- Circle the bone with a sharp knife, which loosens the ham. Then cut slices lengthwise before serving.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.