- 6 Lunds & Byerlys organic large eggs
- 2 Lunds & Byerlys organic large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon Water
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Zucchini, small dice
- 1 cup asparagus, woody stems removed, cut to 1
- 1/4 cup Montchevre plain goat cheese, large crumbles
- Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler to medium high.
- Whisk for 3 minutes eggs, herbs, salt, pepper and water in a medium bowl. Heat oil in a 8” cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 1 minute, then add bell pepper, zucchini and asparagus and cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes to release flavors.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and cook, lifting the edges of the frittata to allow the uncooked egg to flow underneath, until the bottom is light golden, 2 to 3 minutes. Dot the top of the frittata with the cheese, transfer the pan to the oven and broil until puffy and lightly golden on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove and cut into 6 pieces.
- Calories: 140 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 2.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 180mg Sodium: 300mg Carbohydrate: 3g Fiber: 1g Sugars: 1g Protein: 9g
- Nutrition content of this recipe is calculated by a registered dietitian nutritionist. Due to variations in ingredients and measurements, values are approximations. Nutrients provided for this recipe represent values based on the best available information. This information is not intended to treat or diagnose. Please consult your physician for diet recommendations specific to your personal needs.
Nourish Tip: Instead of serving with the typical side of toast, try serving with a green salad lightly dressed in olive oil and lemon juice.