- 5 cups peeled, finely chopped ripe peaches, (6-7 peaches)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons seeded, finely minced red jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
- 1 (175ounce) package Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin for Lower Sugar Recipes
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 6 (8ounce) jelly jars with 2 piece lids, sterilized
Add the flavor of summer peaches to your fall menu by using this chutney as a glaze for pork or poultry or as a topping over Brie.
- In a six-quart non-reative Dutch oven, combine first six ingredients; stir in pectin. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly; stir in sugars. While stirring, return mixture to a full rolling boil (one that cannot be stirred down). Cook and stir for one minute. Remove from heat; skim off foam with a metal spoon. Ladle into 8-ounce jars, leaving 1/2 inch space at top to allow for expansion when frozen. Wipe rim with a clean, damp cloth. Cap jars tightly; cool to room temperature. Label and date; refrigerate at 40 F up to four weeks or freeze at 0 F or lower up to six month.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.