- Rinse and drain fish or shellfish; pat dry with paper towels. Broil in well greased shallow pan; grill in well greased fish basket or directly on well greased grill over medium-hot coals.
- Thaw frozen tails in refrigerator. Cut away and lift off thin undershell by snipping down each side with shears. Place each tail on heavy-duty foil. Combine 1/4 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring foil up over lobster; pour in butter, closing all edges with tight double folds. To Grill: Place package, shell side down, 4 inches from heat. Grill 20 minutes. Remove lobster from foil; place lobster on grill, fresh side toward heat; continue cooking until opaque and lightly browned (4-7 minutes).
King Crab Legs:
- Broil or grill 4 inches from heat (10-15 minutes); turning once. Crack open; serve with melted butter.
- Shell and devein shrimp. Brush shrimp or scallops with melted butter. Broil or grill 4 inches from heat (3-5 minutes); turn and baste. Continue cooking until opaque (2-4 minutes).
- Grill 4 inches from heat, covered with a tent of foil, until shells open (10-15 minutes). Serve in shells with melted butter.
Steaks and Fillets:
- Turbot, red snapper, bass, cod, pike, halibut, sole, northern, salmon; allow 1/3 pound per person. Combine 1 cup dry white wine, 3/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/3 cup lemon juice, 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives, 2 teaspoons salt, 1 clove garlic, minced, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pour part of marinade over fish; refrigerate remainder, covered. Marinate fish, covered, 1-2 hours, turning once; remove from marinade. Broil or grill 4 inches from heat (5-8 minutes); baste with reserved marinade and turn. Continue cooking until fish flakes easily with fork (4-6 minutes).
- Rainbow trout, sunfish, crappies; allow 1/2 pound per person. Combine 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and dash Tabasco; brush on fish. Broil or grill 4 inches from heat (5-7 minutes); baste and turn. Continue cooking until fish flakes with fork (3-5 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.