These beautiful do-ahead and freeze potato puffs are surprisingly easy to make.
- Peel potatoes; cut into 1 ½ -inch cubes. In large saucepan, cover potatoes with water; add salt. Heat to boiling. Cover; reduce heat and simmer until tender (20-25 minutes). Drain potatoes, mash until no lumps remain.
- Beat in milk, butter and eggs, stir in chives. Spoon potatoes into one of the food storage bags. Snip small opening in one corner of bag. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Pipe potatoes onto parchment paper in circular mounds. Place in freezer to firm. Transfer frozen potatoes to second food storage bag and freeze until needed.
- To Serve: Arrange potatoes on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Bake in a preheated 425 F oven until potatoes are light brown (15-20 minutes). Sprinkle with paprika.
- Tips: If a few of your potato mounds don’t look as nice as you hoped, scrape them off the parchment, add back to bag and re-pipe.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.