- Refrigerate steaks until ready to cook. Brush each side with 1/2 teaspoon olive or vegetable oil. Season each side with 1/4 teaspoon each kosher salt and cracked black pepper.
- Grill steaks according to the information below. Use an instant-read thermometer to gauge doneness. Cooking times will vary according to grill temperatures, fuel used and weather and wind conditions.
- Internal Temperatures to Gauge Doneness; Approximate Grilling Times for 1 1/4-Inch Thick Steaks: Medium Rare - 140 F - 145 F; 7 - 8 minutes per side || Medium - 150 F - 155 F; 8 to 10 minutes per side || Well-Done - 160 F - 165 F; 10 to 12 minutes per side
- Serve with Smith and Wollensky Steak Sauce or Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
- Tips: Heat olive oil or butter in a pan. Stir in flour; cook over low heat for 6 to 8 minutes. Add the Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, cream, white wine, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Slowly stir in crumbled Gorgonzola cheese. Add sherry. Remove from heat and stir until sherry blends into the sauce.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.