- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) package dried plums, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) package diced apricots
- 6 ounce goat cheese, room temp.
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 9-inch tart pan
- pie weights or dried beans
- parchment paper
- no stick cooking spray
The fruits and cheese complement each other perfectly.
- In a food processor, combine the first three ingredients. Add walnuts, process until walnuts are finely chopped. Add butter; pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Add yolks; process just until moist clumps form. Add ice water and process just until dough comes together. Form dough into a ball, flatten to a disk. Wrap with plastic wrap; chill 30 minutes. Spray 9-inch tart pan with no stick cooking spray. Roll dough between two sheets of plastic to an 11-inch round. Remove top sheet of plastic and transfer dough to prepared pan. Trim edges of crust. Freeze crust for 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and pierce tart shell several times with a fork. Place a sheet of parchment paper on tart shell and add 1 cup pie weights or dried beans. Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 15 minutes. Remove parchment paper and pie weights and continue to bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes longer. Cool. Meanwhile, combine water, brandy, sugar, dried plums and apricots in a saucepan. Simmer until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Cool. In a separate bowl, combine goat cheese, sugar and whipping cream. Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread goat cheese on bottom of prepared tart shell. Pour fruit mixture on top of goat cheese. Bake 20 minutes. Cool slightly and remove tart ring. Serve warm.
- Tips: Spray knife with no stick cooking spray to make chopping dried plums easier.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.