- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 (34 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried cranberries
- 1 3 ounce) package dried pears, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2/3 cup chopped dried apples
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1 orange, peel and white pith removed
Serve over a spreadable cheese with crackers for an appetizer or as an accompaniment to poultry dishes.
- Combine white wine and next 6 ingredients in stainless steel, anodized aluminum or nonstick saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer 15 minutes. Strain mixture; discard solids. Return liquid to saucepan. Stir in cranberries, pears, figs, raisins, apples, onion and ginger. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, simmer, covered, 15 minutes. Meanwhile, using a small sharp knife, cut between membranes of orange to release segments. Stir into chutney after simmering. Refrigerate, covered, up to 1 week.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.