- Prepare Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix according to package directions for cornbread. Let cornbread cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack. Remove cornbread from pan.
- Cut into 1-inch cubes, spread onto large baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until slightly dry and toasted (about 20 minutes). Transfer cornbread to large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saute pan over medium high heat. Stir in garlic and shallots; saute for 2 minutes. Stir in bell peppers, green onions, white mushrooms, thyme, sage and cayenne pepper. Continue sauteing until peppers are tender and mixture is moist (about 12-15 minutes)
- Stir vegetable mixture into cornbread; stir in salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, combine beaten eggs and broth; stir into cornbread.
- Transfer stuffing to a 9x13-inch baking dish that has been sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Cover tightly with aluminum foil that has been sprayed with no-stick spray. Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until stuffing is firm (about 60 minutes). Remove foil, bake until top is evenly browned (18-20 minutes longer)
- Stuffing can be made up to 2 days in advance. Allow stuffing to cool on cooling rack for 30 minutes. Refrigerate covered. To Reheat: Bring stuffing to room temperature (about 1 hour). Bake covered in a 350 F oven until heated through (about 40 minutes).
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.