- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large organic onion, diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cloves fresh organic garlic, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 quarts organic chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 pounds unpeeled organic carrots, chopped
- 2 pounds organic sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 organic chicken, cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper, (or to taste)
- 5 ounces fresh organic spinach, sliced thin
- 8 ounce fresh organic sugar snap peas, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Superb nutrition in a bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy bottomed soup pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, sauté until softened (about 2-4 minutes). Add chicken stock, water, carrots, and sweet potatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and add chicken. Cook on low heat uncovered for 1 ½ hours. Remove chicken and set aside to cool in the refrigerator. Puree stock and vegetables in batches until smooth. Remove skin from chicken. Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return meat to pureed broth; bring to a gentle simmer, season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and snap peas, stir and serve.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.