- 1 1/2 10 oz package Lunds & Byerlys Mini Corn Loaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Lunds & Byerlys Chorizo Sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Lunds & Byerlys Ground Chipotle
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis, drained
- 1 cup frozen shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup turkey or chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- Crumble corn bread coarsely into large shallow baking pan. Let stand at room temperature until dry, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Toast cornbread in middle of oven, stirring occasionally, until dried and golden (about 30 minutes). Can be made 1-2 days ahead.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chorizo, breaking up finely with back of fork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink (8-10 minutes). Using slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to bowl. In same skillet, cook onion, celery, green and red pepper, cumin and chipotle until vegetables are soft (5-7 minutes).
- In large mixing bowl, combine cornbread, chorizo, onion mixture, green chilies, corn, 1 cup cheese, turkey broth, salt and pepper. Stir in eggs and cilantro; mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a 9x13-baking dish with no stick cooking spray; spread dressing mixture in dish. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove foil and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.