- 3/4 cup Lunds & Byerly's Chipotle Brining Spices
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 gallon Water
- 1 8 lb fresh turkey breast, (choose a breast that has not been injected)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Lunds & Byerly's Chipotle Seasoning
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In stock pot large enough to hold the turkey, combine brining spices, sugar and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Add turkey breast to pot. (The brining solution must completely cover turkey breast, add water if needed.) Refrigerate, covered, 12-24 hours. Rinse turkey breast inside and out after brining. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange turkey breast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Refrigerate, uncovered 12-16 hours. (Allowing turkey breast to sit uncovered in refrigerator insures a deep golden skin when roasted).
- Combine butter and chipotle; rub over turkey skin. Season with pepper to taste. Roast in 325 F oven until meat thermometer reaches 165 F, (2-2½ hours). Let stand 10-15 minutes; (Temperature will rise 5-10 degrees while standing.) Transfer turkey breast to cutting board.
- Discard all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Add chicken broth to roasting pan and bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits in bottom of pan. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir into broth and cook, stirring until thickened.
- Slice turkey and arrange on serving platter. Serve with gravy.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.