- 1 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (14 inch) slice gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon Oriental five spice powder
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Oriental sesame oil
- 1 medium head napa cabbage
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (1 34 ounce) can shoestring potatoes, divided
Oriental seasonings enhance this crunchy salad.
- In medium skillet, arrange chicken breasts, ginger, five spice powder, wine and water to cover. Bring to a boil, covered; reduce heat. Simmer until juices run clear (10-12 minutes); chill. In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, hoisin sauce, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil; divide in half. Cut chicken into julienne strips. Toss with half of dressing; refrigerate chicken and remaining dressing.
- To Serve: In large bowl, toss chicken, cabbage, carrots and almonds; toss with reserved dressing and 1 cup shoestring potatoes. Spoon into serving bowl, garnish with remaining potatoes.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.