- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, including some tops
- 1 (14 12 ounce) can tomatoes with roasted garlic, onion and oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta
Easy dish to make after a busy day.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry chicken 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers and green onion; stir-fry 3 minutes longer. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in tomatoes, basil, pepper and salt; heat through (about 8 minutes). Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions until almost tender; drain. Pour pasta into serving bowl; toss with chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.