- 1/8 pound Boar's Head Brand® prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 can La Valle San Marzano Italian Tomatoes, drained, seeded, 28-ounce
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, drained, 14 ounce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
An easy vegetable side dish, this gratin can also be served on crostini for a simple antipasti.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil. Chop prosciutto. Cook prosciutto, garlic and onions until onions are golden brown in color. Add tomatoes and cook until liquid evaporates and sauce thickens, about 15-20 minutes.
- Cook artichokes in ½ cup water. Drain and place in a bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Place artichokes in a 1 ½ to 2 quart oval gratin pan, top with tomato sauce and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, until sauce thickens and cheese has melted.
Tip: This dish can be made in advance and reheated.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.