- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium Red Delicious apple
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple
- 4 cups torn red-tipped leaf lettuce
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
With sugar and spice, the dressing does double duty for a festive do-ahead salad. Not only does it dress the greens, it keeps the apple pieces from darkening.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except apples and lettuce; whisk to blend. Core and cut apples into bite-sized pieces. Toss apples in dressing. Combine greens and gently layer over apples. Refrigerate, covered, several hours.
- To Serve: Toss lightly; serve in bowl or on individual plates.
* Recipes created for given quantity. Changes to quantities are for planning purposes only and have not been tested.