NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Costa Rica Sweepstakes (the “Promotion” or “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of Minnesota who are at least twenty‐one (21) years of age at the time of entry (the “Entrants”). Employees, officers and representatives of Lund Food Holdings, Inc., Cameron’s Coffee and Distribution Company, and their respective affiliated companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state, municipal, provincial, territorial, and local laws and regulations. This Promotion is sponsored by Lund Food Holdings, Inc. and Cameron’s Coffee and Distribution Company (“Sponsors”).
2. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: By participating in the Promotion, Entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Winning a Grand Prize (defined below) is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
3. HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time on September 18, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on October 8, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). The database computer of Lund Food Holdings, Inc. is the official time‐keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
To Enter: Text: Use your mobile phone to text “ROAST” to shortcode 55155. Standard text message charge from wireless service provider may apply. App: This method of entry will be available by visiting our Lunds & Byerlys App and following the directions provided to fill out the entry information, and submit. Online: Visit www.LundsandByerlys.com/CostaRica (“Website”) and complete the online sign up form. Mail‐in: Hand print your first and last name, your complete street address, daytime phone number, date of birth, and email address on a 3” x 5” index card or piece of paper and place your entry into an outer‐mailing envelope with proper postage affixed and mail it to: COSTA RICA Sweepstakes at Lunds & Byerly’s, 4100 West 50th Street, Edina, Minnesota 55424. Mailed entries must be postmarked by 10/1/14 and received by 10/8/14. Limit one (1) entry per person/phone number, regardless of entry method. If entering by mail, each entry must be mailed separately in a hand‐addressed, postmarked envelope. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 a.m. ET on October 8, 2014. All required information must be completed to enter and to be eligible to win. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsors of an entry. Entries made by any other individual or any entity, and/or originating at any other website or e‐mail address, including, but not limited to, commercial Sweepstak subscription notification and/or entering service sites, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. The use of automated entry devices is prohibited and no mechanically reproduced entries are allowed; all such entries are void. The Sponsors are not responsible for: late, incomplete, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. GRAND PRIZE & PRIZE CONDITIONS: There will be one (1) Grand Prize awarded after the Promotion Period. The Grand Prize Winner, upon confirmation of eligibility, will receive a 5 day all inclusive trip to Costa Rica and may bring one companion. Trip will also be attended by 2 Lund Food Holdings, Inc. employees as well as representatives from Cameron’s Coffee and Distribution Company. Prize includes air fare (coach ticketing), hotel, meals and entertainment during the 5 day trip. Amenities are subject to change and are to be determined by Sponsors in its sole discretion. Grand Prize trip must be taken between 1/1/2015 and 2/15/2015. If a Winner is unable to redeem the package within the time period required, the prize will be forfeited. The package is subject to availability and blackout dates. Winners must obey all local laws in regard to lodging restrictions. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to; ground transportation, personal charges at lodging, telecommunication charges, security fees, taxes, or other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of Winner (and traveling companions). The Winner’s companion(s) must be eighteen (18) years old as of the date of departure and must travel on the same itinerary as the Winner. Winner and companion are solely responsible for obtaining documents necessary for their respective international travel (i.e. passport/visa), if applicable. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $3,000 USD.
No substitution of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserves the right to substitute the prize or prize component with another of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by Sponsors via home‐delivered mail, phone, or email, and must sign and return to the Sponsors, within seven (7) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. Note: The Affidavit sent to a potential winner may require that the winner provide their Social Security Number to the Administrator, which will be used solely for tax reporting purposes. The Grand Prize Winner will be responsible for all local, state, and federal taxes associated with the receipt of the prize. The Grand Prize Winner must note that the value of the accepted prize is taxable as income and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the Winner for the value of the prize and the Winner is solely responsible for all matters relating to the prize after it is awarded. In addition, it is the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her traveling companions to obtain or maintain a valid U.S. passport at the time of travel. If a prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to the potential winner, if a potential Winner cannot be contacted within three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, or if a potential Winner fails to return requisite document(s) within the specified time period, or if a potential Winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then such person shall be disqualified and, at the Sponsors’ sole discretion, an alternate winner may be selected for the prize at issue.
By accepting the Grand Prize, where permitted by law, the Grand Prize Winners grant to the Promotion Entities and those acting pursuant to the authority of Sponsors and the Promotion Entities (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon Sponsors’ request), the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide IN ALL MEDIA without limitation at any time a Grand Prize Winner’s full name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness and/or biographical information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further payment or additional consideration, and without review, approval or notification.
5. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If for any reason the operation or administration of this Sweepstakes is impaired or incapable of running as planned for any reason, including but not limited to (a) infection by computer virus, bugs, (b) tampering, unauthorized intervention, (c) fraud, (d) technical failures, or (e) any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsors reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, at any time, without notice and award a Grand Prize (defined below) using all non‐suspect eligible entries received as of, or after (if applicable) this cancellation, termination, modification or suspension date, or in any manner that is fair and equitable and best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Failure by Sponsors to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an e‐mail address, the winning entry will be declared by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e‐mail address by an Internet access provider, on‐line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e‐mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parents, employees, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, sales representatives, advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) any technical errors that may prevent an Entrant from submitting an entry; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury, death, or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize.
Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on‐line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e‐mail or entry to be received by Sponsors on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZES.
By participating, Entrants release and agree to hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability for any injuries, death or losses or damages to persons or property AS WELL AS CLAIMS/ACTIONS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY that may arise from participating in this Sweepstakes or its related activities or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of, or any harm resulting from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize. The Grand Prize Winners also acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize.