Endless chef-crafted meals, wine and tap beer, new health and wellness offerings and more – all under one roo
Edina, Minn. (September 8, 2014) — A new Byerly’s on the corner of France and Hazelton avenues will feature foods and services never seen before at any Lunds or Byerly’s store.
The grand opening ceremony will begin at 6 p.m. on Thursday, September 18. The grocery store will then officially open at 6:30 p.m.
The new Byerly’s has everything customers have come to expect from Lunds & Byerlys – extraordinary food, exceptional service and passionate expertise – with new features sprinkled throughout the store:
- Creations Café: Enjoy seemingly endless meal options, including made-to-order sandwiches, a rotisserie station, salad bar, Big Bowl Chinese Express, Hissho Sushi and pizzas and pastas from Tucci Pronto. Customers can dine in their café seating area or outside on the two-level patio.
- Wine and Tap Beer: The store’s mezzanine level will feature more than a dozen wines by the glass and eight local craft beers on tap.
- Health and Wellness: An expanded assortment of organic herbs and teas, super foods and essential oils will be available. A health and wellness manager, the company’s first such position, will also be available to provide customers guidance with holistic and conventional remedies.
- Freshly Pressed Juices: The produce department will feature a wide variety of freshly pressed juices and cleanses from Zula. These raw, organic products are produced locally.
- Candies and Confections: Customer can choose from hundreds of varieties of fun-sized candies, artisan chocolates and bulk candies.
“We are committed to continuously reinvesting in our stores to keep them fresh and innovative,” said Tres Lund, president and CEO of Lund Food Holdings, Inc. “Our new Byerly’s in Edina brings an added level of excellence to our offerings and services.”
This 51,000-square-foot store, open seven days a week from 6 a.m. to midnight, will also feature premium choice beef, locally grown and USDA-certified organic produce, a full-service deli, and thousands of organic and natural offerings. Additional amenities will include Caribou Coffee, Byerly’s Pharmacy, Bone Marché pet market, Bachman’s Floral, US Bank and a community room that can be reserved free of charge.
The new Byerly’s is located on the same site as the current Byerly’s, which will be razed after the new store opens as part of a total redevelopment of the site. The development will eventually include three multi-story mixed-use buildings with nearly 250 market-rate apartments and approximately 20,000 square feet of leasable retail space on the first floor. Tentative completion of the entire project is set for spring 2016, with the first housing units opening summer 2015. Schafer Richardson is leading this portion of the project. To learn more, visit 71france.com.
The opening of the new Byerly’s Edina will also serve as a culmination to Lunds & Byerlys 75th anniversary, which will be celebrated at the grand opening ceremony on September 18. During the past 75 years, more than 50,000 people have been a part of the company’s extended family and have helped to further shape and define the company’s vision for what a grocery store can and should be in the community.
Lunds & Byerlys 75th anniversary theme is “Growing Together,” which came to life through an 18-week storytelling campaign. In that time, more than 850 audio and text stories were shared from customers, employees, and community and business partners, with each story generating a $7.50 donation to Second Harvest Heartland.
“It was truly a remarkable and humbling experience for us as we stepped back and let the community tell our 75th anniversary story,” Tres said. “We’re proud to have been a part of Minnesota for the last 75 years, and we look forward to growing together for the next 75 years and beyond.”