For Immediate Release
Feb. 12, 2010
Lund Food Holdings, Inc. (LFHI), is pleased to announce the grand re-opening of the first-ever Byerly’s store. For the past nine months, the approximately 42,000-square-foot supermarket underwent extensive interior and exterior renovations and additions. The store is located at 5725 Duluth Street in Golden Valley, Minn.
A grand-opening celebration with local dignitaries, including Golden Valley Mayor Linda Loomis, Tres Lund, president and CEO of LFHI, and other representatives will be held on March 4, 2010 beginning at 10:30 a.m. The event will culminate with the unveiling of a new, innovative food-service area called Byerly’s Creations.
Designed and built with the savvy time-saving shopper in mind, Byerly’s Creations will offer a gamut of both self-serve and chef-driven hot and cold offerings for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. Byerly’s Creations will feature seating for about 70 inside and 20 on the outside patio.
Highlights of Byerly’s Creations include:
- Rotisserie: Fresh, hand-rubbed meats, fish and vegetables, all cooked in the ancient fashion of fire and spit. Items to enjoy include Byerly’s signature rotisserie chicken, herb rubbed turkey, citrus chili chimichurri boneless pork shoulder, mango and dried cherry stuffed artic char, and fire roasted stews.
- Minute Grill: A breakfast and weekend brunch concept with eggs, omelets, waffles, pastries, fruits, juices and more.
- Sandwich, Sliders and Dogs: An “urban” solution for time-starved and budget-minded guests. Menu items will include Vienna Hot Beef Sandwiches, Old School Sliders, authentic Chicago Hot Dogs, Maxwell Street Polish, and deli-style sandwiches.
- Pizza and Pasta: Neapolitan thin crust pizza will be made to order in under two minutes to eat on-site or “take and bake” at home.
- Wing Bar: Self-serve wings in a variety of flavors: breaded, boneless, buffalo, peanut-Thai, rosemary lemon, BBQ, Cajun, chili lime mojito and more.
- Chef-Crafted Favorites: Byerly’s Hot Food Bar gives a new standard to the term “buffet.” Time-tested favorites such as deli fried chicken and mashed potatoes, zesty and meaty lasagna, and the ever-popular macaroni and cheese will be regular offerings. Look for ethnic specialties, pasta dishes and fish features along with sauces and vegetables.
- Salad Bar: Byerly’s Creations will feature the freshest ingredients from organic greens, freshly prepared meats, vegetables, shredded cheese, fruits, toppings and house-made salad dressings.
- Signature Desserts: From warm, bubbly cobblers, cakes and crisps to pudding, pastries and petite fours, this dessert bar will be hard to resist.
- Big Bowl Chinese Express: Authentic recipes from some of Asia’s hottest cuisines. All meals are prepared right before your eyes.
- Hisho Sushi: No one does sushi fresher!
- Caribou Coffee: When you need your ‘Bou break.
Sustainable to-go packaging, featuring Twin Cities-based Ultra Green products (“tree-free” sugar cane base and recyclable plastic lids) will also be offered.
Among the other store renovations:
- A completely revamped shopping area featuring improved self-service and service deli, bakery, meat and seafood departments, and a Farmer’s Market-inspired produce area.
- Environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient adjustments include:
- A new energy-efficient refrigeration system that uses a more environmentally-friendly refrigerant.
- Retrofitted existing lighting to become more energy-efficient (went from a four-light system to a two-light system while maintaining the same level of lighting throughout the store)
- Installed night shades on all open refrigerated cases (these types of cases can be found in the dairy, produce, deli and meat and seafood departments). These shades are pulled down during the overnight hours to more energy.
- Installed a new energy management system at the store. This system automatically sets back lighting during overnight hours and controls heating and cooling at all hours of the day and night.
- New décor includes carpeting, floor finishes and accent lighting.
- Extensive renovations to the store’s exterior, including a new façade, signage and additional windows.
- The Byerly’s Wines & Spirits Shop has been remodeled to include an expanded selection of wine and a wine tasting bar.
- Addition of a 20-seat Community Room that is available free of charge for local groups and businesses.
Built in 1968, this premier Byerly’s opened as the largest supermarket in Minnesota and received national recognition for innovative features such as an in-store bakery and deli, service meat and seafood department, a 33-seat in-store restaurant, a full-time home economist on staff, in-store development and testing of recipes, parcel pick-up service, extra wide aisles, carpeted floors, and an in-store post office.
Additional services at this store include Bachman’s and U.S. Bank.
“At Lunds & Byerlys, we take a tremendous amount of pride in continuing to be regarded as an innovator in the grocery industry,” says Tres Lund, president and CEO of Lunds & Byerlys. “In keeping with that earned reputation, we’re looking forward to providing residents and businesses in and around Golden Valley with a shopping experience that is truly second to none.”
About Lunds & Byerlys
Edina-based Lund Food Holdings, Inc. is privately-held and family-owned. It operates 10 Lunds and 11 Byerly’s supermarkets throughout the Twin Cities and surrounding area. For more information, please visit www.LundsandByerlys.com.
Aaron Sorenson, Lund Food Holdings, Inc., 952-915-2694
Store tours and interviews are available by calling Molly Steinke
at 952-278-3142, 612-309-1677 or firstname.lastname@example.org.